August 6th - Corporate Prayer
Go to our homepage for Day 1
August 7th - Staff
Scripture References: 1 Timothy 2:1-4; Ephesians 4:11-16
God gave us instructions to put first things first. In 1 Timothy 2:1 as referenced above, we are exhorted to pray for our leaders – not only kings but all who are in authority. This includes our Pastors and staff. They have been put in positions of authority to equip the saints for the work of the ministry.
“…first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority”
The scripture goes on to say:
“…that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all goodness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
Our prayers need to be focused on God’s desires.
In conclusion, God is building His church and we are all a part of the church body. As it says in Ephesians:
“… we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. 16 He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
- Pray for all who are in authority, including Pastors and staff.
- Pray that we as the Tree of Life Staff, will continue to have the strength and wisdom to nurture an environment that enables God to work through us to accomplish His goal of all men being saved and coming to the knowledge of truth.
- Pray that everybody does their part so that the Church will continue to be healthy and growing and full of love!
August 8th - Worship Arts Ministry
Scripture References: MattHEW 18:19-20, PsALM 22:3, John 12:32, PsALM 27:4-6, PsALM 145:4, PsALM 96:1, EphESIANS 5:18b-20
Today, we’re praying for the Worship Arts Ministry at Tree of Life Church. The Worship Arts Ministry exists to connect families to Jesus through multi-generational, multi-cultural, Spirit-led worship. We believe that worship not only glorifies God, but it is a powerful tool to fight the kingdom of darkness and advance the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. Worship is simply focusing on the goodness of God and bringing Him an offering fit for a king. When we do that, our view of Him becomes bigger than our view of our circumstance and miracles happen!
- Pray that as we worship, hearts are drawn to God, and not to the platform or to our Worship Arts team.
- Pray that as we worship, sickness, emotional wounds, relational strife, financial burdens and all other barriers would be broken off of people’s lives.
- Pray that as we worship, people encounter the Holy Spirit’s presence and are introduced to a personal, close relationship with Him.
- Pray that the unchurched are drawn to Jesus through our worship.
- Pray that as we worship, people are prepared to receive the truth of God’s Word with gladness, since it is His Spirit and His truth that sets people free!
- Pray that God uses our team to write new songs, helping God’s people express His praise in new ways.
- Pray that God would help our team raise up the next generation of musicians and singers to declare His praises.
August 9th - Student Ministry
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES: PROVERBS 12:26, 1 CORINTHIANS 15:33, PROVERBS 18:24, DEUTERONOMY 4:29, PSALMS 42:2, MATTHEW 11:28-30, JEREMIAH 1:5, 1 JOHN 3:1, 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17, 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21, EPHESIANS 6:13, ROMANS 12:1-2, 2 TIMOTHY 4:7, JOHN 15:4-5
Students (teens/pre-teens) are in a crucial stage of development and need a support system of prayer. Dealing with physical, emotional and social changes causes a need to arise in the core of every Student to find identity in Christ. Believe with us as we go to God with the needs of the Students of Tree Of Life Church.
- Pray students have healthy relationships. That the right friends would come into the lives of our students and negative influences would fade away. For the relationships between Students and Parents to be strengthened.
- Pray that students have a desire to pursue God. That students will discover a passion to seek the Lord wholeheartedly.
- Pray that students find their identity in Christ. (Students main plight, today, is not knowing who they are and not knowing their purpose.) That they would discover who they are in Christ and that God has a purpose for them (This will lead to them becoming an influencer in people’s lives).
- Pray for strength of character in student lives. That they would have the strength to stand under the pressures of this world and the influences stressed upon them by society, friends and culture. content.
August 10th - treeKids Children's Ministry
Scripture references: John 14:6, James 4:7, Luke 10:19, John 3:16, 1 Peter 1:8-9, Romans 15:13, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 17:17, 1 Corinthians 15:57, Deuteronomy 20:4, Ephesians 2:10, Romans 10:13
Our prayer is that treeKids Know God, Love God and Live for God. Please join us in praying the treeKids Creed over them, that they are a child of God and stand on His promises:
- I am a Truth seeker and a prayer warrior.
- I am Ready and equipped to overcome the enemy.
- I have Eternal life in heaven and joy in my heart.
- I am Empowered by the Holy Spirit and believe the Bible is true.
- I Know God and His Word.
- I am Important, victorious and anointed.
- I am Designed in His image to do good works.
- I am Saved, healed and forgiven.
- I am a child of God and I stand on His promises.
August 11th - Outreach - Letting Your Light Shine
Scripture references: Matthew 25:35-40, Matthew 28:19, Matthew 5:16, Isaiah 52:7, Acts 1:8
Outreach…there’s a word that can stir all sorts of feelings and thoughts in the life of a Christian. For some it conjures images of going door to door in a neighborhood to tell people about Jesus followed by inviting them to church and for others it was standing on a busy corner downtown on hot summer day to hand out cold water to all that passed by. Possibly what popped into your mind was visiting a nursing home to sit and talk with all the folks that call it home or maybe it was visiting the local juvenile detention center to mentor a youngster that had made a bad decision. It could be that you went door to door to hand out food and clothing in a 3rd world country and someone called it outreach. So which one of these is the “proper” model of outreach, great question! The answer is all of them. It’s not about the activity it’s about the motive and the heart behind it. In Matthew 5:16 Jesus explains the what and why of outreach “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven.” When we go do good deeds they (unbelievers) see Jesus light shining through us and they will glorify God. That word glorify in the Greek means “to value God for who He really is” now that’s powerful! Outreach is about showing God to the world around us by being the hands and feet of Jesus and when we do that people get saved it’s that simple. So join us today as we pray for and about upcoming Tree of Life outreach opportunities.
- Pray for the light of Jesus to shine brightly through us. (Matthew 5:16)
- Pray for us to come up with impactful outreach opportunities. ( Matthew 25:35-40)
- Pray for us to find projects both local and abroad that we can partner with. (Acts 1:8)
- Pray for boldness through the power of the Holy Spirit to be His witness. (Acts 1:8)
- Pray for Gods favor as we speak with surrounding community leaders (Isaiah 52:7)
- Pray for our outreach opportunities to result in salvations. (Matthew 28:19)
- Pray for those saved to become disciples. (Matthew 28:19)
August 12th - Family
Scripture Reference: Joshua 24:15, Malachi 4:6, Proverbs 24:3-4, Proverbs 22:6, Ephesians 6:4, Psalm 112:2-3, Psalm 127:3-5, Ephesians 6:1-3
Families are under spiritual attack and they are under attack because the enemy wants to take us out - plain and simple, John 10:10 “The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy.” One of the ways he tries to accomplish this is by driving a wedge between parents and their kids. If he can turn their hearts against each other, they will destroy each other, from within. If he can destroy the family unit, it will affect generations. Healthy, godly families build legacies that pave the way for others to encounter our amazing God. Join us today; as we pray for our families, here are some things we can pray in agreement on.
- Pray for families to choose to serve and follow the Lord wholeheartedly.
- Pray for the hearts of parents and children to be turned to each other. (Unity is where His blessing is).
- Pray for families to be strong and established through godly wisdom and understanding.
- Pray for parents to teach and train their children in the way of the Lord.
- Pray for our children to be mighty and blessed on the earth (think leaders…mighty impact on the earth).
- Pray for parents to comprehend what a blessing their children are.
- Pray for the children to honor and obey their parents for a long and prosperous life.
DO YOU NEED PRAYER FOR A SPECIFIC NEED?
If you would like us to partner with you in prayer, fill out the form below and we will lift you up in prayer during our staff's weekly prayer session.