August 13th - Local Economy/Finance
Scripture References: Matthew 6:24, Psalm 127:1, Philippians 4:19, Psalm 1:3, Ephesians 3:20
I was in the banking industry for 20 years before I started working full-time for the Church. I served many customers that had a tremendous amount of money yet they were never content. It was never enough. They thought they could achieve satisfaction and happiness through the accumulation of wealth. But that seldom happened.
The riches of this world are deceitful. People think their wealth is serving them when actually, they are shackled in slavery to their wealth and possessions. In Matthew it states that “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
When we put things into the proper perspective and realize that we own nothing and that everything belongs to God, the shackles of wealth and possessions are broken off us and we are freed to serve the one and true God! He is the one that gives us the power to gain wealth. He does that so we can not only be blessed but that we can be a blessing to those around us!
- Pray that God will continue to break the bondage of the spirit of mammon off the people in our community.
- Pray that those that don’t know God will come to know Him and serve Him, not mammon.
- Pray that God will continue to bless his Children with greater increase so they can be a greater blessing to those around them (our communities).
August 14th - Life & Community Groups
Scripture References: Proverbs 27:17 (NIV), Acts 2:42-47 (NIV), Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NLT), Hebrews 10:25 (NIV), James 1:5, Acts 5:4 (NIV)
God never intended for us to go through life alone. Throughout the Bible, we see the importance, and value, of being in community. In fact, we believe that real, authentic life change happens in the context of relationships. Whether young or old, introvert or extrovert, we all NEED relationships. It’s a major way that we see lasting change and growth in our lives.
- Pray that each group and each person would develop healthy relationships. That those who attend will find lasting, meaningful friendships.
- Pray that each group and each person would develop godly connections. That those in Groups would become connected to one another, to the Church as a whole and will help others to do the same.
- Pray that each group and each person would experience growth in all areas of their lives (Spirit, Soul and Body).
- Pray that each group and each person would develop wisdom. That everyone in Groups will have the wisdom of God in their day-to-day lives.
August 15th - Volunteers
Scripture References: Philippians 1:3, Ephesians 4:16, Romans 11:29, Mark 10:45, Acts 20:35, Proverbs 11:30, Luke 10:2
Today, we’re praying for our incredible volunteers at Tree of Life Church! We believe that God has gifted each believer uniquely so that they can serve the local church, lead people to Jesus and expand His Kingdom on earth. Jesus said that He, “came not to be served but to serve others” (Mark 10:45), and we believe that as His followers, we are called to model that same lifestyle of serving people and connecting them to the life, love and power of Jesus. We believe that the reward and benefit of serving is worth the sacrifice of time, talent and effort, and that what we do has eternal impact on people’s lives.
- Thank God for the many volunteers who faithfully minister each week in the our church!
- Thank God for the unique gifts and callings He has placed in every believer.
- Pray that all of our congregants would discover their gifts and use them to help connect families to the life, love and power of Jesus.
- Pray that congregants who are insecure or embarrassed to serve would be bold and step into their calling within the ministry of the local church.
- Pray that each person who serves would view themselves as a minister who is vital to the health of our church, and not merely a volunteer.
- Pray that God would refresh and reward our volunteers, and that they would sense the appreciation and love of the leaders and congregants around them.
- Pray that God would bring more volunteers to our roster so that we can change this area for Jesus, leading the unchurched to Him and caring for those who already know Him.
August 16th - Men's Ministry - A Call To Battle
Scripture REferences: Nehemiah 4:14(NIV), Ephesians 6:10-18(NIV), James 1:5(NIV), Ephesians 6:1-3(NIV), Ephesians 5:25(NIV), Proverbs 22:6(NIV), Proverbs 27:17(NIV)
Men were created by God to be leaders, to go in front of, to lead into battle, to prepare and protect. We see this in Genesis, God created Adam first and told him to get the garden ready. Then God brought Eve to him and things went smooth until Adam quit doing the one thing he was told to do…Lead, go in front of, engage the enemy in battle. We always want to blame Eve but check Genesis 3:6…”she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her..,”. Adam was right there but he got lazy, he got comfortable, he got complacent. Adam failed to fight the most important battle of his life and we’ve been paying the price ever since! I believe todays man suffers from the same thing…the lack of ability to see the right fight(s) to engage in. As boys growing into adolescence we choose to fight our parents, as young men we choose to fight each other, as husbands we choose to fight our wives and as fathers we choose to fight with our children. The desire for battle is in us but we have to be shown the right battles to fight! We see a great summary of the right battles in Nehemiah 4:14 “…Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and daughters, your wives and your homes.” Today we are going to pray for us, the men, the leaders to fight the right! Join us by praying the following points.
- Pray for our men to see fight the right fight. Ephesians 6:12
- Pray for them to keep their armor on at all times. Ephesians 6:13-18
- Pray for our men to have godly wisdom. James 1:5
- Pray for our sons to honor and obey their parents. Ephesians 6:1-3
- Pray for Husbands to properly love their wives. Ephesians 5:25
- Pray for our Fathers to train their kids in the way of the Lord. Proverbs 22:6
- Pray for our men to have the courage to be sharpened. Proverbs 27:17
August 17th - Church Growth
In Matthew 16:18 Jesus said…”Upon this rock I will build My church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Pray with us for our church to grow:
- In Spirit – Ephesians 4:1-6, Philippians 2:2
- In Unity – 1 Corinthians 1:10, John 17:23, Psalm 133:1
- In Truth – John 17:17, John 8:32, John 14:6
- In Love – 1 Thessalonians 3:12, John 13:35, 1 John 4:7
- In anointing and giftings – Ephesians 4:11-16
- In number – Acts 2:42-47
- In finances – Philippians 4:19, Malachi 3:10, Acts 20:35
August 18th - Schools
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: PSALM 71:17-18; PSALM 91:9-16 MATTHEW 5:14-16; Daniel 1:17 & 3:28
Schools and teachers play a large role in training our kids, our students, the future leaders and shapers of society. The schools have our students for approximately 180 days a year or 1260 hours per school year... that’s a lot of influence! We definitely want to pray for our students but let’s not neglect praying for the influence of the Holy Spirit on the teachers, administrators and assistants; after all “leadership is influence.”
- Pray for The Holy Spirit to direct the hearts of the leaders, teachers and students to demonstrate and follow Godly principles.
- Pray for the teachers and students to be protected from the schemes of the enemy or untoward people.
- Pray for the teachers and students to shine the light of Jesus in their schools and in their areas of influence.
- Pray for our students to have God given supernatural understanding and wisdom.
- Pray for those making decisions in our schools to make sound, godly decisions about the education avenues of our students.
August 19th - Part 1 - Women's Ministry
Scripture references: Proverbs 31:25-27, Ephesians 4:22-24, Isaiah 40:29
As women, our roles vary from hour to hour, depending on the current need that pulls at our attention. Whether it’s a pending email, a scheduled playdate, or a mile-long ‘To Do’ list, our minds are often swarming with an array of thoughts. There is always much to do and we sometimes feel like we fall short in every area. It is, however, in remembering that in Christ alone can we do all that we are called to do and do it only in His strength. It is in fully embracing His love and mercy for us can we go out and fulfill the call on our lives. We can hold firmly to the truth that when we are weak, He is strong for us. We can have the full assurance that we have the mind of Christ and with His unconditional love and perfect peace, we are already more than conquerors!
- Pray that women would know their worth and know how much they are loved. (Proverbs 31:25, Psalm 139:13-14, Zephaniah 3:17)
- Pray that they would pursue spiritual growth and see the fruit of it in their lives. (Matthew 6:33-34, 1 Timothy 3:11, 1 Chronicles 16:11, Ephesians 4:22-24)
- Pray that we would be bold and confident witnesses for Christ and be encouraged to share the Gospel with those around us. (Esther 4:14, Proverbs 31:20, Proverbs 31:26)
- Pray that women would get plugged into serve and that they would count it an honor to minister with their gifts unto the Lord. (1 Peter 4:10-11, Romans 12:11)
- Pray that we would operate with the strength from the Holy Spirit who indwells us to fulfill all the roles and duties we are called to do. (Psalm 46:5, 1 Peter 2:9-10, Proverbs 31:17)
- Pray that women would see the value of healthy relationships and desire to get connected in Life Groups and Community Groups. (Proverbs 27:17, 1 John 1:7, James 5:16)
Part 2 - Missions
Scripture references: Romans 10:14-15 (NLT)
“But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” Romans 10:14-15 NLT
These two verses say it all. We are helping to send messengers that can carry the Good News into all the world, so people can call upon Him to save them. They can't call on Him to be saved unless they have heard of Him (Psalms 96:3). So, here are some things to pray for those messengers that we have had a part in sending.
- Continued growth for Árbol de Vida
- Workers to work quickly to complete the road in front of Árbol de Vida
- Pray as they will be moving to two Sunday morning services
- Safety and protection for our ten missionaries
- Financial support each month for our missionaries
- Pray for the establishment and completion of church buildings
- New villages to be opened up
- Pray for the children at New Day Foster Home, for God to provide perfect homes for His children
- Pray for the financial needs of these children to be met
- Pray for the staff to have the love, comfort and peace of Jesus
- Pray for fresh vision and direction
- Pray for our missionary for physical and spiritual refreshing
DO YOU NEED PRAYER FOR A SPECIFIC NEED?
If you would like us to partner with you in prayer, fill out the form below and we will lift you up in prayer during our staff's weekly prayer session.