August 20th - Marrieds Ministry
scripture references: Ephesians 3:16-19 AMP; Luke 6:46-49; Proverbs 24:3-4 AMP, Ephesians 4:29 & 5:33; Colossians 4:6; Psalm 147:3; Isaiah 61:1-4; Genesis 2:24; Ephesians 4:1-3 & 6:10-13; Ephesians 4:31-32; Jeremiah 29:11-13; Colossians 1:9
“If we should experience a sudden loss in cabin pressure, an oxygen mask will drop in front of you … if you are seated next to a small child, please secure your oxygen mask before helping them secure theirs.” The first few times hearing this were puzzling - thinking the children should be helped first - they’re smaller, more vulnerable, etc. However, should something disastrous happen, that small child will need the adult next to them to help them navigate the dangers and get to safety.
Using that analogy for a God centered marriage, each husband and wife securing an oxygen mask is like our individual relationship with God where we draw on His life, love and power. We can then pour into each other out of the overflow of God in us, and partner together with God to navigate the dangers of this life and the attacks of the enemy on our marriage. Then, as a powerful team, we can connect our kids to the life, love and power of God as we help them navigate the dangers of life. We invite you to join us in praying for marriages today.
- God’s love is a game changer for marriages. Pray that each husband and wife grows in the knowledge and fullness of God’s unconditional, everlasting love.
- Pray that marriages would be built on the foundation of God’s Word, wisdom, and knowledge. Just as the wise builder, their marriages will stand against any storms that come.
- Pray that homes will be a safe haven where the languages of love and respect are spoken fluently and frequently; that words spoken are words of life that build up and encourage.
- Pray for marriages that are hurting or in crisis to be healed and restored.
- Pray for husbands and wives to walk in unity and oneness; to fight for each other against the enemy instead of fighting against each other.
- Pray that in times of conflict, each spouse will choose to seek first to understand their spouse’s perspective; they will be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry; they will be kind, tenderhearted, and forgiving.
- Pray that husbands and wives have eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to understand what the Spirit of God is directing; following God’s plans, walking on His paths, and fulfilling His purposes.
August 21st - Discipleship
Scripture references: Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 5:14-16, Ephesians 4:11-17, John 13:34-35, 1 Corinthians 11:1, Proverbs 27:17
Being a disciple is not so much about what we can gain, as it is about what we can give! Jesus was a perfect model of not only investing in himself through prayer and personal devotion with the Father, but also by teaching his disciples to do the same. Then before Jesus went to Heaven, He instructed His disciples to go out and do the same thing that He did for them. That same commission has been given to us. We are disciples, making other disciples!
- Pray that we will daily exemplify the love and compassion of Jesus Christ everywhere that we go.
- Pray that we will invest in our own personal growth and also see the importance of investing in others.
- Pray that we will have boldness and courage to shine our lights brightly for God.
August 22nd - Student Ministries
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES: PROVERBS 12:26, 1 CORINTHIANS 15:33, PROVERBS 18:24, DEUTERONOMY 4:29, PSALMS 42:2, MATTHEW 11:28-30, JEREMIAH 1:5, 1 JOHN 3:1; 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17, 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21, EPHESIANS 6:13, ROMANS 12:1-2, 2 TIMOTHY 4:7, JOHN 15:4-5
Students (teens/pre-teens) are in a crucial stage of development and need a support system of prayer. Dealing with physical, emotional and social changes causes a need to arise in the core of every Student to find identity in Christ. Believe with us as we go to God with the needs of the Students of Tree Of Life Church.
- Pray students have healthy relationships. That the right friends would come into the lives of our students and negative influences would fade away. For the relationships between Students and Parents to be strengthened.
- Pray that students have a desire to pursue God. That students will discover a passion to seek the Lord wholeheartedly.
- Pray that students find their identity in Christ. (Students main plight, today, is not knowing who they are and not knowing their purpose.) That they would discover who they are in Christ and that God has a purpose for them (This will lead to them becoming an influencer in people’s lives).
- Pray for strength of character in student lives. That they would have the strength to stand under the pressures of this world and the influences stressed upon them by society, friends and culture.
August 23rd - Family Life Center
CProviding for those in need. Scripture References: Matthew 25:35-40, Matthew 9:37-38, James 1:5, Psalm 5:12, Isaiah 54:2-3, John 3:16
In Matthew 25:35-40 Jesus explains that every time we give food, water and clothing to someone in need we are giving to Him. He goes on to say anyone who does this is righteous and that they will be rewarded for their acts of giving to those in need. Jesus made a big deal about it because that is the very nature of who God is, Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides! That is the focus and mission of our Family Life Center, to provide help for those in need, a refuge in stormy times. What they do day in and day out is a massive undertaking requiring everything from man power to finances. So here are some things we can pray for them as they be the hands and feet of Jesus.
- Pray for God to bring them workers for the harvest. (Matthew 9:37-38)
- Pray for the wisdom needed to decide who to help and how to help. (James 1:5)
- Pray for favor with those that they ask for resources. (Psalm 5:12)
- Pray for ability to reach farther to all surrounding communities. (Isaiah 54:2-3)
- Pray for every person served to know the love of God the Father (John 3:16)
August 24th - Salvations/Unchurched
Scripture references: John 12:32, Isaiah 61:1, John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:4-10, Romans 10:13-14, John 13:35, John 5:24, Romans 5:2-8, John 17:23
Join us in praying that unchurched, dechurched and post churched people would connect to the life, love and power of Jesus Christ. We declare His promises over them.
- We pray the Holy Spirit will draw all people to a Jesus-centered life.
- We pray unchurched, dechurched and post churched people experience the love of God.
- We pray unchurched, dechurched and post churched people experience the power of Jesus.
- We pray people are set free from anything that hinders or distracts them from receiving the Good News of salvation.
- We pray that we will be the hands and feet of Jesus to the people in our areas of influence and recognize divine opportunities to show unbelievers His grace.
August 25th - Government
Scripture References: 1 Timothy 2:1-4, 1 Peter 2:17, Proverbs 11:14, 15:22, 21:1, Proverbs 29:18, Psalm 133:1
Today, we’re praying for our government. The Scripture is very clear that we are to “pray for kings and all who are in authority” (1 Timothy 2:2a - NKJV), regardless of our personal political preference or affiliation. We believe that as we pray for our leaders, we honor the Lord by honoring authority, and we contribute to the spiritual and natural wellbeing of our nation in ways that go beyond our natural sphere of influence. We also believe that it is God’s desire that everyone should know Him, so we don’t just pray that our leaders have wisdom, but that they know the Lord closely.
- First and foremost, pray that our government leaders would have a vibrant, active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Thank God for our leaders, and pray that our citizens would honor them as God-given authority.
- Pray that God would send wise counselors to surround and advise our nation’s leaders.
- Pray that our leaders would walk in justice, integrity and moral uprightness, valuing God’s Word more than external pressures or political correctness.
- Pray that our leaders would have wisdom and insight that could never have come from their natural mind, but only from the Holy Spirit.
- Pray that our leaders would have a sense of God’s vision for our nation.
- Pray for unity within our government and our nation.
August 26th - Local Church
Scripture REferences: Matthew 5:14,16; Acts 2:47b; Hebrews 10:25; Ephesians 4:16; Ephesians 4:12; Psalm 5:11
Our prayer focus today is centered on the local churches of our area. We’re asking that God will do a mighty work through each and every one, and that souls will be saved as a result! Let’s believe these Scriptures over our brothers and sisters in Christ:
- Pray that churches have divine opportunities to influence their communities with the light and love of Jesus.
- We believe that souls are being saved every day as local churches minister hope to their communities.
- Pray that individuals and families would make regular church attendance a priority. As they do, we believe they will form relationships that will strengthen their personal walk and enrich their family life.
- We believe that people will realize their importance and move from simply attending to serving and participating in their church. We pray that God will use their unique abilities and gifts to help their church flourish.
- Pray that God would give pastors and leaders the ability and wisdom to train congregants to be the hands and feet of Jesus in their communities.
- Pray God’s protection over each local church as they gather to worship Him.
Do you need prayer for a specific need?
If you would like us to partner with you in prayer, fill out the form below and we will lift you up in prayer during our staff's weekly prayer session.